Terms and Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
(i) ‘The Company’ relates to Eduard Voltshkov t/a The Blind Studio in all clauses.
(ii) ‘The Customer’ relates to the person or organization who enters into a contract with the Company
(iii) ‘Defective’ or ‘Defect’ shall imply where goods have been supplied by the Company, but not in accordance with the specifications detailed within the contract. Goods that suffer through excessive use, third party damage, improper installations, incorrect use or inadequate maintenance, shall not be regarded as defects or as defective.
1. The Customer will be liable for the full value of the product(s) supplied at the price shown in the Company’s current price list, unless otherwise agreed.
2. Our payment terms are generally 7 days following the date of invoice, unless otherwise stated.
___2.1. For Blinds – 50% is required when placing an order, remaining within 7 days following the date of supply.
___2.2. For Furniture – 100% is required within 7 days following the date of invoice, before goods are delivered.
3. Debit and credit card payments or bank transfer suitably referenced accepted.
4. We reserve the right to modify or change prices and specifications to any of our products at any time, without prior notice.
5. Where it is necessary to cancel an order, the Customer should contact the sales office immediately, and confirm all cancellations in writing by E-mail. If production has started the full invoice value will be payable.
6. All details of product(s) shown within the Company’s price lists and pattern books, whether it be text diagram or photography are correct to the best of the Company’s knowledge, but the Company will not be held liable for any errors or omissions that may occur.
7. Photography shown within the presentation books/leaflets is to be deemed as ‘suggestive’ and each order placed with the company should contain all the relevant information.
8. Products supplied by the Company will carry a 12-month guarantee, commencing from the date of invoice. The guarantee will remain in force for this period providing the product composition remains as it was originally supplied.
9. We do not recommend that the Customer or any third party attempt to alter or repair products themselves, as this will make the guarantee null and void. If the company has to manufacture a replacement product as a result, this may be charged at the full trade price.
10. The Company will not be held responsible for any damage caused whatsoever. This includes damage caused by the removal of packaging, improper installation, or incorrect use of the product supplied
11. The Company has the right to rectify the ‘defective product’ at no cost to the Customer. In addition to this, the customer may not invoke defective delivery or compliance if the customer has not given the company the opportunity to repair, supplement or replace any defects or deviations at the company’s option. The company shall not be held liable for any out of pocket expenses (such as fitting charges) incurred owing to the defect.
12. We strongly recommend that the Customer does not pre-arrange installation until after receipt of the required goods. The Company will not be held responsible for fitting expenses incurred as a result of late or non-delivery.
13. The return of goods for credit will not be accepted without prior notification to the company. In certain circumstances, the customer may be liable to a restocking charge. Made to measure or customer trimmed to size product may not be returned for credit unless proven defective prior to return. Carrier charges may also apply.
14. The Company will not be held liable for loss or damage to goods caused by any carrier. The Company must be notified in writing of any loss or damage to goods within 3 days of receipt. We strongly recommend that you, the Customer, check the packaging for any signs of damage. It is you the Customer’s, responsibility to sign for the goods as either in ‘good condition’ or ‘damaged’.
15. The Company reserves the right to refer any outstanding amount to a debt collection agency, which may be subject to a surcharge to cover the collection costs incurred. This surcharge together with all other charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the Customer and will be legally enforceable’.
16. The Company reserves the right to claim late payment fee at the rate of 0.5% a day on all overdue accounts calculated form the date of the Company’s invoice. For the avoidance of doubt, an account is overdue when it exceeds the credit period allowed by the Company.
17. The above condition of sale shall in no way affect the statutory or legal rights of the Customer.